There are positively zero homeowners who enjoy the prospect of sewer line repairs. You see, the city will not cover the cost, nor will they schedule with a utility company to handle the task. Despite the obvious connection, you are left to your own devices. You, as the homeowner, are responsible for the full amount, and unfortunately, it can get costly. At least, it could. Today’s improved techniques and equipment used in plumbing thankfully make sewer line repair a situation that’s much easier to handle. So how will you know to schedule sewer line repair from a professional plumber in Forth Worth, TX.
Common Signs of Sewer Line Trouble Highlighted by Experienced Plumbers from Forth Worth TX
It’s often difficult to assess when your sewer line is having an issue. There are common symptoms, sounds and even smells that indicate a larger, more severe problem, but despite these obvious signs, you still need to know what to what for. Some common signs of sewer line trouble include:
- Sewage Blockages: Blockage in sewage occurs occasionally. When the sewage blockages, each time you flush your toilet, the problem lies within the main sewer line. Your home’s drains rely on the line to drain efficiently. If there’s blockage in multiple drains in your home, then it’s the fault of the sewer line.
- Foul Odors: We said you may notice smells as one symptom, and that’s true, as a working sewer line is air-tight. There should be zero smells or blockages. If a foul odor begins to seep into your home through the drain system – usually the smell of rotten eggs and sewage – then a leak in the sewer line is the likely culprit.
- Slow Drainage: Slow drainage can be caused by any number of common plumbing issues. However, if you have slow drainage in multiple drains across the house, then a blockage or leak is likely in the main sewer line. The main line clog is typically larger and more complex than your average drainage blockage. In this case, the usual unclogging methods will not suffice. You need an expert with advanced tools and techniques to handle the issue.
- Foundation Cracks: A damaged or leaking main sewer line, if not handled properly, can lead to long-term, severe issues with your home’s foundation. If left untreated, the broken sewer line will cause foundation cracks, sinkholes, or a settling foundation. These symptoms will lead to structural integrity issues over time, and that’s both dangerous and costly.
- Pests: Thinking about pests though look minor cause to even consider, but a genuine concern. If your sewer line has a crack or hole, small critters, such as rats and insects, can squeeze through. They then follow the pipe back into your home. These pests are obviously harmful to your health and may be destructive as well.
As you can see, there are numerous downsides to a busted sewer line. The moment you notice any of the above signs, the first thing you should do is to call a professional plumber in Fort Worth TX from a renowned sewer line repair company.
Contact Lasiter Plumbing today for your every minute plumbing need in Fort Worth TX. We are the leading plumbing services provider including repair and maintenance work in regions near you. Always feel welcome to reach out to us with your varied plumbing needs and our experienced plumbers from Fort Worth TX team will there be ready to tackle your plumbing requirements smartly.