Tankless Water 411
A tankless water heater is one of the best things you could add to your home today. We at Lasiter and Lasiter Plumbing can help you with installing a new heater that will save you time and water.
You can get hot water ready in your home without having to run the water for too long. Such a model can also last longer than a tank-based heater that might be difficult to maintain.
The Physical Layout
A tankless water heater will appear in a utility room or other place where you can secure it without people getting in the way. The design links to a necessary port that allows water to go through every part of your home. The design ensures you’ll get hot water throughout your entire home.
The best part of the tankless water heater comes from the name. You will never have to worry about a tank that might wear out and stop working as well as it should.
The General Process
The process for how a tankless water heater works in a few steps:
- The heater will stay idle until it senses a hot water tap opening somewhere in the home.
- Cold water enters a unit inside the body.
- The cold water will be read by a flow sensor that activates an electric heating element. Some models come with a gas-fired burner.
- The heat exchanger on the inside will be activated at this point. The cold water should go over the exchanger at the appropriate temperature.
- Hot water will leave the heater and go directly to the tap that is requesting the water.
The water you need will come directly to you. You won’t have to wait a bit to get water to cover over thanks to this feature.
The heater will also stop working when you are no longer trying to get hot water. This means that the unit will not use as much energy as you might assume it would.
How Long Can It Last?
The last point to note about a tankless water heater is that it may last longer than a traditional tank-based model. You can get a tankless heater working for about twenty years or more. This can be twice as long as what you would get out of a traditional model.
You’ll be impressed with how well a tankless water heater can work for your home. Reach us at Lasiter and Lasiter Plumbing for tankless water heater assistance. Contact us to learn about how such a heater can work in your home and how well it can work in your home.